Tips for Putting Your Plan Together
- Don't over diversify your venture. It's a plan-not a portfolio.
- Identify and discuss key personnel-at length.
- Describe you product in layman's terms. Don't use jargon.
- Focus on the market and your product's ability to fill the demand.
- Be painfully realistic. Such as, don't overstate sales.
- But...don't dwell on the numbers.
- Discuss possible problems and planned steps to correct them.
- And remember...a business plan that describes an insurmountable market position...is by definition written by naive people.
Information provided by the University of Alabama Small Business Development Center
Starting a Business
- Startup Checklist
- Business Plan
- Financial Decisions
- Market Research
- Insurance Checklist
- Protecting Your Ideas
- Business Structures
- The Chamber
- Area Demographics
- Commercial Real Estate
- Taxes & Incentives
- Wages & Benefits
- Workforce Information